Grey-Green was a bus and coach operator based in Stamford Hill and operated in London and the East of England. The company was trace its origins back over a century to the foundation of George Ewer’s horse carriage business in 1885. The business prospered, and summer-only services operated to many South Coast resorts. Before the end of the 1920s, East Anglia was well covered too. The first service to operate throughout the year was a London to Ipswich service that commenced in June 1928.
The 1930s started with the introduction of a London to Harwich service, and operations continued to expand rapidly throughout East Anglia and to the coast. The service was briefly interrupted by World War II.
This advert appeared in the local newspaper in March 1941: