Useful ‘Coupon-free’ Gifts at reasonable prices
Starting out as a one shopfront window business, Messrs Edwin Jones and George Randell Higgins began their business venture in 1867 with a mere £80.
By 1887 they had opened a 5-storey department store on the corner of Rye Lane and Peckham High Street, which went on to become one of south London’s best-known department stores. It closed in the 1980s.
They advertised in local newspapers.
Bromley & District Times, 5th December 1941 (page 3)