Mr. R. C. Collyer and Miss Phyllis E. Mildred Hopkins
The Wedding of Reginald Clarence Collyer (Tank Corps) second son of Mr and Mrs T. Collyer, 27 Pope Road, Bromley, to Miss Phyllis E. Mildred Hopkins, second daughter of Mr. and Mrs. G. Hopkins, 32 Nichol Lane, Bromley, took place at St Mary’s Church, Plaistow, on Saturday, the ceremony being performed by the Rev. W. R. Crichton.
The bride, who was given away by her father Lance-Corporal G. Hopkins, Queen’s West Surrey Regiment, wore a dress of white figured taffeta, Queen Anne style, with Brussels lace veil and silver leaves, carrying a bouquet of pink and white carnations, white heather and lilies-of-the-valley. Her diamond bracelet was gift from the bridegroom.
The bridesmaids, the Misses Jean and Eileen Collyer (sisters to the bridegroom) and Miss Ann West (niece of the bride) were dressed in pale blue velvet, Snow White style, and carried posies of pink chrysanthemums and pink tulips. Their gold bracelets were gifts from the bridegroom.
The best man was Mr W. Collyer, brother of the bridegroom.
The reception was held at St Andrew’s Hall
Bromley & District Times, 17th January, 1941 (page 5)