L/A/C Lidster and Miss M. Fitch
The wedding took place at St Luke’s Church on Saturday, August 30, of L/A/C Harold Lidster, R.A.F., eldest son of Mr and Mrs Lidster. of Rugby, and Miss Margaret Fitch eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs Fitch of 13 Clarence Rad, Bickley. Canon Hassard Short, Vicar, officiate.
The bride, who was given away by her father, wore a dress of ivory ninon with a long veil held in place by a pearl head-dress. Her bouquet was of pale pink roses and white heather. The bridesmaid were the Misses Dorothy and Olive Fitch, and Miss Renee Hope. The first named wore pink lace with a floral head-dress and he other two hyacinth blue lace and taffeta dresses with floral head-dresses. The bridesmaids carried bouquets of pink carnations and blue scabious. Mr G.C. Brown was best man.
After the service the bride was presented with three silver horseshoes by young cousins. The bridesmaids received silver bangles as gifts from the bridegroom.
After the reception at 13 Clarence Road, the bride and bridegroom left for a honeymoon at Stratford-on-Avon.
Bromley & District Times, 12th September 1941 (page 6)