Cadets of the HMS Worcester at their evacuation home, invited girls of the A.T.S. to their dance at end of term
The HMS Worcester (1860), was formerly HMS Frederick William, and served between 1876 and 1948, and was an 86-gun screw-propelled first-rate ship of the line in the Royal Navy.
On 19 October 1876 she was renamed as Worcester, to take on a new role as a training ship at Greenhithe for the Thames Nautical Training College. She fulfilled this role until her sale in July 1948. She foundered in the River Thames on 30 August 1948, where she stayed until May 1953 when she was raised and broken up.
Bromley & District Times, 27th December, 1940, page 5